Hot Water Grant Review Workshops
This is an overnight, working meeting for those who wish to have their upcoming grant submissions reviewed prior to NIH/NSF deadlines. Typically this grant review workshop is held one month prior to major NIH/NSF deadlines: January (February deadlines) and May (June deadlines). Feedback is constructive, and everyone participates in
Here’s how it works:
- Participants prepare a well-proofed draft proposal (either a full
proposal,or, for investigators at an exploratory stage, a draft consisting of specific aims and a significance/background/innovation section) two weeks prior to the review session.
- We will use a secure collaborative website for submission of draft proposals and downloading reviews.
- Participants will read and critique up to three proposals from both senior and junior investigators (depending on
- Each proposal will receive two or more critiques from reviewers. The primary reviewer will summarize the proposal, as would the primary reviewer at a study section. Instructions will be provided on the collaborative website.
- It is critical to the success of Hot Water that all participants who sign up make a strong commitment to attend, submit their proposal or aims
ontime and review the two to three grants assigned to them.
The next Hot Water Grant Review Workshop will be May 5-6, 2018. Registration is currently closed. Contact Sara Jestrab with questions.