Hot Water Grant Review Workshops
This is an overnight, working meeting for those who wish to have their upcoming grant submissions reviewed prior to NIH/NSF deadlines. Typically this grant review workshop is held one month prior to major NIH/NSF deadlines: January (February deadlines) and May (June deadlines). Feedback is constructive, and everyone participates in
Here’s how it works:
- Participants prepare a well-proofed draft proposal (either a full
proposal,or, for investigators at an exploratory stage, a draft consisting of specific aims and a significance/background/innovation section) two weeks prior to the review session.
- We will use a secure collaborative website for submission of draft proposals and downloading reviews.
- Participants will read and critique up to three proposals from both senior and junior investigators (depending on
of proposals). volume
- Each proposal will receive two or more critiques from reviewers. The primary reviewer will summarize the proposal, as would the primary reviewer at a study section. Instructions will be provided on the collaborative website.
- It is critical to the success of Hot Water that all participants who sign up make a strong commitment to attend, submit their proposal or aims
ontime and review the two to three grants assigned to them.
Check back in Fall 2018 for the dates of the next workshops. Contact Sara Jestrab with questions.