Voucher Funding Policy
The voucher application is now submitted using a DocuSign form. To initiate an application, you will need to include the information of the Core Director or Manager for which you are applying. If you have questions or concerns about the application, please contact Sara Jestrab.
Voucher funding Policy and ProcedureLast updated 8/1/2018
POLICYThe CBSD provides vouchers to UM principal investigators to pay core facility fees for the following research core facilities:
- Biospectroscopy Core Research Laboratory (BCRL) | Core Director: Sandy Ross
- Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Core Facility (NMR) | Core Director: Earle Adams
- Macromolecular X-Ray Diffraction Core (MXDC) | Core Manager: Tung-Chung Mou
- Small Molecule X-Ray Structure Determination | Core Manager: Orion Berryman
- Molecular Computation Core Facility (MCCF) | Core Director: Bruce Bowler
All vouchers must adhere to the following criteria:
- Voucher requests may not exceed $1000.
- Voucher requests for core service charges that have already been incurred will not be approved.
- All PIs who receive voucher funding must report to CBSD all grant applications (intramural or extramural) submitted or awarded
- Manuscripts submitted for publication that are based on work performed using voucher funds must cite the CBSD CoBRE grant P20GM103546. NIH suggested citation: “Research reported in this publication was supported by the National Institute of General Medical Sciences of the National Institutes of Health under Award Number P20GM103546.
- Voucher funds are awarded by fiscal year, and therefore expire if not expended by June 30 of each fiscal year.
- Voucher funds not used within 60 days of award will receive a notice of inactivity, and voucher funds will be released from the PI after 90 days of inactivity.
- Approval of requests is subject to availability of funds.
- Applicants should consult with the Core Director/Manager to ascertain that requested services can be undertaken and to determine the cost of services and supplies. Core Directors or Managers are responsible for verifying project feasibility and cost of services, but not eligibility of the applicant for voucher funding.
- Applications are submitted through DocuSign at least six (6) business days before the 1st of the month you would like to begin this work (e.g., if you would like to start work June 1 your voucher request must be received at least six business days prior to June 1). Late applications will be deferred to the following month. To initiate the voucher application in DocuSign, you will need to include the name and email address of the director or manager of the Core Facility to which you are applying.
- Once the voucher application has completed necessary routing, the applicant and Core director/manager will be notified whether the application is approved or denied and the award level. Voucher-supported projects may be initiated only after a voucher application is approved by the CBSD director, and both applicant and Core director/manager have received official notice of award.
- CBSD will bill Core charges on a monthly basis through UApprove.
IMPORTANT: Cite the CBSD COBRE award in any publications arising from your use of the core. This is essential for continued support of the core by the University and the NIH. NIH suggested citation: “Research reported in this publication was supported by the National Institute of General Medical Sciences of the National Institutes of Health under Award Number P20GM103546."