Frequently Asked Questions
What are the benefits of attending CoLang 2020?
- Training in best practices in language documentation and revitalization
- Networking with like-minded language workers including community members, students, and linguists
- Networking with top scholars in a variety of fields
I am from outside the U.S.— am I eligible to attend?
- Yes! Participants from other countries are always welcome at CoLang. Please email us to let us know if you need an invitation letter to start the visa process for your country. You can also visit the UM Global Engagement Office for more information.
Will I need to join the Linguistics Society of America or another organization to attend?
- You do not need to join the Linguistics Society of America (LSA) unless you are applying for a fellowship from the LSA.