Molecular Biology and Biochemistry
An incoming CMMB student is advised by a Graduate Education Committee (GEC) member in the programmatic requirements and in the selection of courses for the first semester (and for the second if a committee has not yet been formed and coursework approved). All CMMB students have CMMB Common Requirements. In addition to these, each option has its own prerequisites and programmatic requirements (coursework, comprehensives, etc.).
Molecular Biology and Biochemistry Option Prerequisites
- MS/PhD: Cell and Molecular Biology (equivalent of BIOB 260)
- MS/PhD: Upper level Biochemistry (equivalent of BCH 480 and BCH 482)
- MS/PhD: Biochemistry Laboratory Course (equivalent of BCH 486 or research experience)
- MS/PhD: Physical chemistry (equivalent of CHMY 360 or CHMY 373 and 371)
Molecular Biology and Biochemistry Option Suggested Curriculum
- BCH 584 Nucleic Acids, 3 cr.
- BCH 582 Proteins and Enzymes, 3 cr.
- BCH 600 Cell Organization and Mechanisms, 3 cr.
- BCH 581 Physical Biochemistry, 3 cr.