Denghui David Xing, Ph.D.
Genomics Laboratory Manager
ISB 321(office) & 007 (Lab)
The Genomics Core offers in house next generation sequencing services on the MiSeq™ Personal Sequencing System™ from Illumina. We are able to generate up to 15 Gb of data per run with up to 50 M high quality, 2 X 300 Paired-End Reads. The Genomics Core Facility also offers Illumina’s full line of sample preparation, library construction, in addition to Custom NGS tools.
- Sanger Sequencing
- Fragment Analysis
- 16 Capillaries
- 3130 Pop-7 polymer separation matrix
- Multiple dye detection
- DNA Fragmentation
- Compound Formation
- Chromatin fragmentation
- High0throughout chemistry
- RNA extraction
- Tissue disruption and homogenization
- Cell spore and organelle lysis
- Sample extraction for metabolic and protemic profiling
- Nanoparticle formation
- ADME/Tox extractions
- Coumpound dissolution
- Collect narrow and even fragment distributions
- Flexibility to collect wide ranges of fragments with minimal effort
- Pulsed-field electrophoresis for resolving and collecting high molecular weight DNA
- RNA, DNA, and protein sample QC, including sample loading, separation, and imaging.
- Scalable throughput
- Fully integrated real-time PCR detection system
- Real time and plate read
- State-of-the-art thermal cycler
- Real-time quantitative detection and analysis software
- Integrated TMX module to shake, heat or cool samples.
- Loaded and unload with the gripper. Pipetting to the mixer is possible before and after mixing steps.
- The TMX module is fully software-controlled enabling pipetting on other worktable positions while the mixer is in operation.
- Ready to go Plug'n'Prep® methods provide instant automated purification results
- Cell assays
- Nucleic acid preparation
- PCR, real-time PCR and sequencing set-up
- Serial dilutions
- Hit picking
- Concentration normalisation
- Single channel absorbance, fluorescence, and luminescence microplate reader.
- DNA quantification in 96 or 384 well format
- 16 sample micro-volume quantification
- Kinetic cell growth
- Swing bucket rotor
- 48 X 1.5/2mL microcentrifuge tubes
- vacufuge, centrifuge, and desiccator
- 4 heating levels (room temperature, 30°C, 45°C, 60°C)
- 3 application modes (aqueous, alcohol or high vapor pressure)