Office: Stone Hall 212
Phone: (406) 243-6478
Fax: (406) 243-4840
Faculty & Staff
- Adjunct Instructor in Geography
- Ph.D. in Systems Ecology, University of Montana, Missoula, MT, 2014 - present
- MS in Geography, University of Montana, Missoula, MT, 2011- 2013
- Thesis: Inventory of Mongolian Glaciers for the Global Land Ice Measurements from Space (GLIMS) Program
- Advisor: Dr. Ulrich Kamp
- BS in Geography, Appalachian State University, Boone, NC, 2006 - 2010
- Concentration: GIS
- Advisor: Dr. Kathleen Schroeder
Field of Study
Mountain Geography, Environmental Change, Remote Sensing of Snow and Ice, Alpine Hydrology, Central Asia, and South American Andes.
- Alford, Don, Ulrich Kamp, Caleb Pan. Stream Flow Formation in the Sapta Koshi Basin, Nepal: Glaciers, Snowmelt and Rainfall as Components of Basin Runoff. Funded by The World Bank (in progress).
- Alford, Don, Ulrich Kamp, Caleb Pan. Assessing the Role of Glaciers in the Hydrology of the Pamir and Tien Shan Mountains. Funded by The World Bank, 2013-2014.
- Pan, Caleb, Ulrich Kamp, Jeff Colby, Kevin McManigal. (in progress). Anisotropic Correction in Landsat TM-based Mapping of Glaciers in the Altai Mountains of Mongolia.
- Kamp, Ulrich, and Caleb Pan. (in progress). Glacier Monitoring in the Altai Mountains of Mongolia.
- GPHY 141S - Geography of World Regions
- GPHY 385 - Field Techniques
Fulbright Scholar - Institute of Geography and Geoecology, Ulaanbaatar Mongolia
- 2015/16, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
- 2014, July to Augst – Western Mongolia
- 2014, June – Taipei/Tainan, Taiwan
- 2013, June to July – Shanghai, China
- 2013, March to April – Shanghai, China
- 2012, June – Eastern Coast, Taiwan
- 2012, June – Shanghai, China
- 2011, May to July – Shanghai, China
- 2011, June – Taipei/Tainan, Taiwan
- 2010, September – Eastern, China
- 2009, December – Southern China
- 2008, May – Central Highlands, Ecuador (Mountain Geography & Climate and Tropical Glaciers)
- 2007, May – Taipei, Taiwan
- 2005, June – Ocho Rios, Jamaica
- Kamp, U., Krumwiede, B., McManigal, K., Pan, C., Walther, M., Dashtseren, A. (2013). The Glaciers of Mongolia. Institute for Arctic, Antarctic, and Alpine Research (INSTAAR) Occasional Paper 61.
- Walther, M., Kamp, U., Krumwiede, B., McManigal, K., Pan, C., Dashtseren, A.: Mongolian Glaciers - Past and Future Water Towers in Central Asia. Earth and Environmental Sciences. (In prep.)
- Kamp, U., and Pan, C. (in press). First satellite-derived glacier inventory for Mongolia. Geografiska Annaler - A: Physical Geography.