Office: Stone Hall 212
Phone: (406) 243-6478
Fax: (406) 243-4840
Web Links for GPHY 303N
- The University of Montana’s Hellgate Canyon Weather Station
- Don Morton’s Backyard Weather station
- (NOAA) National Weather Service’s Missoula Forecast Office
- NWS Current Conditions in Missoula (and past 24 hours)
- Montana Climate Office (UM Forestry)
- Montana Department of Transportation weather cameras
- Mountain Weather from northwestern Wyoming – lots of good links.
- Missoula County Air Quality Status – Updated at 9am and 4pm daily when fires are active.
- Montana State Air Quality Report and Map – Updated at 10am daily.
- Forest Service Active Fires map – Updated at 6am daily.
- National Weather Service’s Official Daily Weather Maps (Past maps; New ones not posted until about 11 am the following day).
- National Climate Data Center’s Unedited Local Climatological Data (ULCD) (Past daily observations for last year, up to current day)
- NWS Hydrometeorological Prediction Center (Forecast discussions)
- National Center for Atmospheric Research’s (NCAR) Research Applications Program (Current and Forecasts)
- NWS Meteorological Development Laboratory’s Current Forecast Site
- Unisys Weather – National weather maps
- DataStreme – The American Meteorological Society’s daily weather maps
- University of Illinois’ WW2010 Current Weather Products - current national weather maps.
- The Weather Channel
- Weather Channel Maps
- BBC World Weather
- A simple portrayal of the jet stream position.
- College of Dupage’s NexLab Model Product’s page
- NCAR RAP Real-Time Weather Data Page with forecasts, radar, and other observations.
- National Weather Service’s Statistical Modeling Branch page with GFS, Eta, and MOS forecasts.
- NWS Interactive Weather Information Network page. – Check real-time alerts from all over the nation.
- NWS Hydrometeorological Prediction Center page with current products including forecasts.
- GoogleMaps Weather mash-ups site
- Wundermap. One of my favorite from that site is a link to this live mash-up of personal weather stations in San Francisco.
- Don’s site on the 2005 Thanksgiving Inversion
Updated November 2, 2006.
If any of these links don’t work, please e-mail me firstname.lastname@example.org