Office: Stone Hall 212
Phone: (406) 243-6478
Fax: (406) 243-4840
Web Links for GPHY 487 and GPHY 587
- NASA tutorial (the classic)
- NASA RS & Geomorphology
- Canadian glossary of RS terms
- Army Corps of Engineers RS manual (some interesting examples)
- USGS Earthshots: Satellite Imagery of Environmental Change
- Operational Significant Event Imagery Archive
- OSEI image of the day
- NOAA Real-time satellite images
- ASTER image gallery
- Webpage on Archaeology and RS (link to Name of website)
- FAQ about Aerial Photography (link to Name of website)
- NASA’s Visible Earth Gallery of images of Earth from Space
- EOS Data Gateway (DAAC). Your source for free ASTER, MODIS, and data from NASA’s Earth Observing System Satellites.
- The University of Maryland’s Global Land Cover Facility (GLCF), which archives a variety of satellite imagery, but primarily LANDSAT.
- USGS National Land-Cover Dataset (NLCD)
- Main EROS website. This links to DAAC as well as DEMs, the NLCD, aerial photos, etc.
- MontanaView. Public access to satellite imagery of the state.
- The Digital Northern Great Plains site from the Upper Midwest Aerospace Consortium has a variety of Landsat, MODIS, ASTER, a couple of Quickbird (eastern ND) and some SRTM scenes.
- Free sample AVIRIS data
- Form to request free line of AVIRIS data for graduate students
- USGS Earth Explorer
Last Updated: 7 November 2006.
If any of these links don’t work, please e-mail me firstname.lastname@example.org.