Welcome to the Homepage of Steven D. Sheriff!
Interests & ExpertiseMy current scholarship involves the application of ground penetrating radar and total field magnetometry for archaeological targets. Much of that work involves applied projects directed at answering specific archaeological questions using radar, magnetometry, and/or electrical resistivity. My contributions over the years also include commercial gravity/magnetic programming and software, academic publications, and numerous private and public project reports. I maintain a strong interest and expertise in magnetics and gravity applied to crustal tectonics, orogenic events, and exploration in the energy and minerals industry.
- Emeritus Professor, Geosciences Department, University of Montana
- 9/94-12/31/2013, Professor, Geosciences Department, University of Montana
- 9/91 - 2007, Chairman, Geosciences Department, University of Montana
- 7/90-12/90 Senior Lecturer, Geophysics; Physics Department, University of Papua New Guinea
- 9/87-8/94 Associate Professor, Geology Department, University of Montana
- 9/83-9/87 Assistant Professor, Geology Department, University of Montana
- 9/81-9/87 Director of UM Earthquake Research Lab
- 9/8l-6/83 Visiting Assistant Professor
- 5/80-6/8l Geophysicist, Geopotential Inc., Golden, Colorado. Gravity and magnetic interpretation, development of forward and inverse gravity/magnetic software