GPH Scholarships and Awards
The Peter H. Koehn & Phyllis B. Ngai Scholarship has been established to provide an annual one-time-only scholarship award of $500 a student in the Global Public Health Minor.
To qualify, students must:
- Be a sophomore, junior, or senior who is registered for the minor program at the time of the application
- Have an ethnic or citizenship background that is underrepresented in the minor
- Have an overall grade point average of 3.0 or above
Applications are open in the spring and the award recipient will be announced by the end of the school year. The scholarship will be awarded for the following academic year.
The GPH External Advisory Committee annually offers an award of $500 to a UM GPH minor to further a GPH field experience.
To qualify for this award, students must:
- Be a sophomore or junior in the GPH program.
- Have a GPH related educational experience (project, internship, volunteer opportunity, community health related project, etc.) that will be completed by the beginning of the upcoming spring semester.
- Provide a presentation describing your GPH experience to UM students in next academic year.
Applications are open in the spring and the award recipient will be announced by the end of the school year. The award can be made available as soon as recipients are announced and contacted.
For more information about these scholarships contact:
Peter Koehn at firstname.lastname@example.org or 243-5294
Delyla Wilson at email@example.com or 243-6752