H&S Advising Center Staff
Academic AdvisorHome Department: College of Humanities and Sciences
Office: LA 133I (Working Remotely during the Spring 2021 semester)
I am working remotely during the Spring 2021 semester and will offer virtual advising appointments. You can join your virtual advising appointment with your computer or with your phone. You will receive detailed instructions on how to join the meeting once you schedule. Please try to use Navigate to schedule advising appointments, but if you run into difficulties, you can email me to schedule your appointment. If you have an urgent question, you can call my cell phone between 9 AM - 5 PM, or email me at any time.
How To Schedule an Advising Appointment in Navigate
- Log into Navigate.
- Click Appointments in the left column. then, click the Schedule an Appointment button.
- Choose Advising Appointment for appointment type.
- Select a Care Unit – Advising
- Select a Service – Academic Probation, Suspension, Reinstatement Advising, Add, Drop, Credit Change Courses, Change of Major/Minor, Course Selection and/or Registration Assistance, Financial Aid Appeals, General Advising. Note: during priority advising and registration, I will only offer Course Selection and/or Registration Assistance appointments. Please email me if you need to schedule an appointment for a different reason during that time.
- Select a Location – Virtual Appointment only.
- Select a Staff Member – Rebecca Kranitz
- Choose a date and time from the list of availability. If you cannot find a time that works for you, please email me and I will check my schedule for additional openings.
Spring 2021 Advising Appointment Hours (for virtual appointments only)
- Monday, 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM
- Tuesday-Thursday, 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Friday, appointments available by request, please email.
Spring 2021 General Walk-In Hours (for virtual appointments only)
- Monday, 1:00 - 3:00 PM, https://umontana.zoom.us/j/4854836416
- Academic Advisor - College of Humanities and Sciences - Neuroscience, Medical Laboratory Science, Geosciences, Psychology (Last Names A-E)
- GPHY 111N - Introduction to Phyiscal Geography
- GPHY 121S - Human Geography
- GPHY 317 - Geomorphology
I am a UM Alumni and I first came to UM in 2015 to pursue my Master's of Science Degree in Geography. My research focused on geography education, and after graduating I remained at UM working as an Adjunct Lecturer in the Department of Geography. I now work in the College of Humanities and Sciences Advising Center, and I advise for Neuroscience, Medical Laboratory Science, Geosciences, and Psychology (Last Names A-E). In addition to advising, I am the Assistant Program Manager for the H&S Student Ambassador Program, and I also serve on the Staff Senate and the New Student Orientation Committee.
- 2014, B.S. Geology, SUNY Plattsburgh, Plattsburgh, New York
- 2014, B.S. Environmental Science, SUNY Plattsburgh, Plattsburgh, New York
- 2017, M.S. Geography, University of Montana, Missoula, Montana
- 2017, Certificate in Environmental Education, University of Montana, Missoula, Montana
Field of Study
- Physical Geography
- Geography Education
- Academic Advising
Neuroscience, Medical Laboratory Science, Geosciences, Psychology (Last Names A-E)