College of Humanities & Sciences Student Ambassador Program
As a dedicated group of undergraduate students, H&S Student Ambassadors serve as representatives of the Dean’s Office and H&S departments at special events. Specifically, H&S Ambassadors are involved in orientation, outreach, and development activities at UM, including UM Days, Griz Welcome, Homecoming, H&S Advisory Board Meetings, and fundraising events.
Who are the H&S Ambassadors?
Our 2019 H&S Student Ambassadors come from all over campus and represent a myriad of majors, minors, and extracurricular activities. They are (alphabetical by last name):
- Ian Gonzales, a junior majoring in Mathematical Sciences; minoring in Computer Science (Spring, 2019 only)
- Devin Hunt, a junior majoring in Biology, Human Biological Sciences concentration
- Mateo Leathers, a senior with a double major in Geography and Communication Studies (Spring, 2019 only)
- Shaina Ore, a sophomore majoring in Psychology; minoring in Biology
- Serena Palmer, a junior majoring in English
- Logan Robinette, a junior majoring in Chemistry; minoring in Astronomy and Biochemistry
- Noah Rummel-Lindig, a junior majoring in Anthropology, Linguistics concentration
- Makaya Stone, a sophomore majoring in Communication Studies, Organizational Communication concentration; minoring in Nonprofit Administration
- Becca Warwick, a junior majoring in History-Political Science; minoring in Women's, Gender and Sexuality Studies
- Kennedy Yost, a junior majoring in majoring in Biology, Human Biological Sciences concentration
Want to request an H&S Student Ambassador's help?
Thank you for your interest in having an H&S Ambassador attend your event. We ask that you fill out our request form at least two weeks in advance of your event.
Want to be an H&S Student Ambassador?
Are you passionate about your experience in the University of Montana’s College of Humanities & Sciences? Are you enthusiastic about sharing stories about courses, professors, and campus life experience? Are you looking for opportunities to develop your leadership and professional skills? If so, apply to be an H&S Student Ambassador.
What are the requirements to become an H&S Ambassador?
- Must be an undergraduate student with a major in an H&S department
- Must be a full-time student enrolled in 12 credits or more
- Must have completed one semester at the University of Montana
- Be in excellent academic standing with a minimum 3.0 GPA
- Be committed to serving for one year (2020 spring and fall semesters)
- Be passionate about UM and the College of Humanities & Sciences
- Possess excellent interpersonal communication skills
What is the required commitment?
Selected students will be required to participate in orientation sessions, attend bi-weekly meetings on Tuesdays from 4:00-6:00 PM (Spring, 2020 only), and participate in ongoing College activities, such as orientation, recruitment, or development events. Expect a commitment of 1-2 hours per week for Ambassador obligations.
What will I gain from this experience?
As an H&S Student Ambassador, you will work with the Dean’s office staff and faculty, building valuable leadership skills and experience in event planning, public speaking, collaboration and teamwork. H&S Ambassadors will be provided with a $250 award in spring semester and a $500 award in fall semester, along with one (1) upper division credit for their time commitment. Additionally, Ambassadors will receive a UM H&S branded shirt and name badge.
Interested in becoming a Student Ambassador for the College of Humanities & Sciences? Fill out the Student Ambassador Application by January 6, 2020 for consideration.
Please note: The application must be completed in one session. Gather your supporting documents prior to beginning the application.
Supporting Documents (Required):
- Statement of Intent (500 words or less) - Why do you want to represent the College of Humanities and Sciences as a Student Ambassador?
- A copy of your resume that highlights your work experience, extracurricular activities, and academic honors or awards.
Please note: File names should NOT have special characters like &, #, $.
If you have any questions, please email or contact Morgan Curtin at firstname.lastname@example.org or (406) 243-2149.