Jan VanRiper, JD, PhD
IHH Position Announcement
The Institute of Health and Humanities is accepting applications for a part-time executive director. This is a contract position and applicants should have an advanced degree in a Humanities-based field. View the job description.
Executive Director - Part Time
The Institute of Health and Humanities [IHH] is seeking a part-time contracted executive director. IHH is sponsored by the University of Montana with a thirty-year history of supporting programming and scholarship at the intersection of health/healthcare and the Humanities. Financial support is provided by two endowments held at the Providence Montana Health Foundation.
The Executive Director reports to the Board ("Advisory Council"), and is responsible for leadership and general management, including the following:
- Board support and development, including Board meeting preparations
- Budget development and oversight
- Provision of oversight for a contracted service provider who manages some projects, creates written documents, manages the Institute's social media and website
- Oversight and development of event programming and scholarly activities and the Ridge Library (a medical humanities library located at the Learning Center at Providence St. Patrick Hospital)
- Outreach and communications
- Generation of various reports to the Board, the Foundation holding the Institutes endowments, and the University of Montana.
Qualifications and Skills
- Experience directing or managing a non-profit or similar entity
- Experience and ability to draft and manage a budget
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- An advanced degree in a Humanities discipline ("Humanities" is broadly construed to include some social sciences and arts)
- Familiarity with health and healthcare issues
- Experience working with a board of directors
- Interest in and ability to suggest and develop programming with Humanities/Health content
Annual Contract Payment Limit: $35,195.00.
The position is open until filled. Interested persons should submit a CV/Resume, contact information for three professional references, and a letter of interest including brief answers to the following questions:
- Why are you interested in this position?
- How will you help IHH further its mission?
- Describe any experience in management and working with budgets
- Describe any experience in working for a Board of Directors
- Describe any experience in working at the intersection of health/healthcare and the Humanities
Forward application materials by email to: Jan VanRiper, Executive Director, Institute of Health and Humanities. Additional information, including the mission of IHH, is available on the IHH website. For further information either use the email address or call 406-459-8441.