Liberal Arts 41
Check Accessibility in Word
Check the accessibility of your documents in Word using the built-in tools.
Heading structure is essential for document navigation.
To check the heading structure of your document:
- Click the View tab
- Select "Navigation Pane" in the Show group
- The navigation pane will appear to the left of your document
Results for document with no heading structure.
Results for document with heading structure.
Note outline form.
To check your Word document for accessibility issues:
- Click on the File tab
- Click ion the Check for Issues button
- Select Check Accessibiliity
- The results will appear to the right of your document
The list will inlcude the type of issue/warning and where it occurs in your document.
To locate an issue in your document, click to highlight it in the list:
When an issue is selected, additional information and instructions for fixing it will appear at the bottom of the results pane: