Liberal Arts 41
Your New Site: Things to Know
Cascade Web Training
Please plan to attend a Cascade Web Training short course offered by UM IT before you begin working on a website. Courses are offered monthly.
Your site (and everything on it - documents, video, etc.) MUST meet accessibility standards. This is a legal issue.
Please follow all accessibility standards.
Please do not make changes in the _cms and _css folders, or in System or Outputs areas in Cascade unless you have been trained to do so. Changes to these areas can break your site!
- smith-article.doc (doc file)
- group-2014.jpg (image file)
- grad-program (folder or page
- studyabroad (folder or page)
- bugs-fall15 (Story)
Spaces in names will render as "%20" in URLs. It is best to avoid this.
Aim for: http://www.hs.umt.edu/department/grad-programs/summer-institue
Please resize images before uploading them to the Cascade content management system. Large images slow load times, and UM IT runs scans for such images.
72 - 150 ppi/dpi
- Featured Image (Home Page): If full width, this image must be 1200 pixels wide. Recommended height is around 350 pixels.
- Tiles: If using large image above text, a good size is 375 pixels wide x 250 pixels high.
- Other images: Longest dimension of 600 pixels should work for most images on the pages of your site. You can always use smaller images as well.
Your site has been set up with folder for images and documents.
To keep your site well organized, upload images and documents into the appropriate folders.
You are welcome to make subfolders as needed. Just be sure to delete the default pages in these new folders and check "No" to "Include in Navigation?"