Info for prospective students
Here is some general information for the UM and Missoula.
- Departmental graduate student admission information
- Learn more about the UM Environmental/Analytical Chemistry program
- UM Environmental/Analytical Chemistry related courses
About UMThe University of Montana is a unit of the Montana University System with approximately 12,000 undergraduate and graduate students and 500+ full-time faculty members. It is located in Missoula, a culturally vibrant community of about 70,000, surrounded by mountain grandeur which was recently ranked in the "top 20 best college towns with a population of less than 250,000" by the American Institute for Economic Research and ranked 9th in Outside Magazine's "The 16 Greatest Places to Live in America" in 2014. Many national publications recognize Missoula for its high quality of life. Abundant recreational opportunities in surrounding state and national forests and nearby Glacier National Park and Yellowstone National Park complement a thriving intellectual atmosphere.
- University of Montana
- University Highlights
- The University of Montana: A Bird's-Eye View
- UM Earns Top 25 ‘Best River and Lake Colleges’ Ranking
- City of Missoula
- Destination Missoula
- Video: There's This Place
- Missoula Area Chamber of Commerce
- Visit Montana102 Ways to Explore Western Montana
- Top 10 Restaurants in Missoula Montana: National Food Blogger Weighs In
- The Guardian's "The best towns and small cities in the US: Missoula, Montana"
- The Washington Post's article about Missoula