Math Learning Center
Online Help for UM Students!
We can’t see you in person right now, but we’re still here to help you with your math.
- Live online: Look for drop-in hours coming next week to support UMSummer!
- Live by appointment: New for UMSummer 2020! Schedule a time to meet that works for you! Email us at TutorM@umontana.edu, let us know what class you need help with, and we’ll assign you a tutor who will work with you on a time that works for you.
Help by appointment is also available through the Learning Center at Missoula College.
- “Dear Math Tutor”: You can email your questions and get a response within 24 hours.
Live DROP-IN (Online)
Mondays and Wednesdays 6-8 pm with Haley and Baleigh on Zoom. Stop in and get the help you need!
Live BY-APPOINTMENT (Online)
New for UMSummer!
Schedule a time to meet that works for you!
Send us an email us at TutorM@umontana.edu,
- Let us know what class you need help with.
- Include preferred and available hours to meet.
- Include any specific preferences or needs you have for tutoring.*
- Include any additional contact information, such as a cellphone number (not required).
- You’ll receive a confirmation email within 24 hours with the name and email of your assigned tutor.*
- You and your new schedule a time to meet via Zoom, up to two one-hour blocks per week as needed.*
*The Fine Print:
- Tutors have the option and encouragement to work with “By-Appointment” students in the same class as a group as schedules allow (no more than 3 students in one group).
- Every effort will be made to meet your needs and preferences. Class and content needs are primary: If a tutor doesn’t match your other criteria, you will still be assigned a tutor with the content knowledge for your academic needs.
“Dear Math Tutor” email service
Can’t find a time to talk live online? Send us your questions via email!
- Send an email to the MathLabTutor@mso.umt.edu
- In the subject line, include the course number (i.e. M121) and the specific topic (i.e. “Exponential functions.”
- Write your question, attach a screenshot or picture, or whatever you need to communicate the problem and its context.
- Tell us as much as possible so we can direct our comments to your needs.
- One of our tutors will respond to your question within 24 hours.
Because of academic integrity and honesty policies, tutors may not provide full solutions or answers to homework problems. They will provide as much specific assistance, examples and explanations as possible.