Fun Stuff to Get Involved In
- Take the Problems and Contests Seminar (M 394). Contact Professor Cory Palmer for more information.
- Participate in a math contest, for example, in UM's Lennes Exam or in the national Putnam Competition.
- We have a chapter of the math honors society Pi Mu Epsilon.
- Ask a professor to supervise a research project, and turn it into a senior thesis.
- Make it a habit to attend the talks in our Undergraduate Math Seminar (M 300).
- Give a presentation in the Undergraduate Math Seminar (M 300)!
- Participate in an REU (Research Experience for Undergraduates) next summer. Applications are usually due in February. REUs often pay all expenses plus a generous stipend.
- Consider an internship.
- Attend a math conference. Don't forget to apply for travel support from the math department.
- Participate in a semester or summer program at another university.
- Or find something else to do - look at these helpful resources: