UM’s Japanese Student Association (JSA) and Anime Club are among the most active popular clubs on campus, and work closely with the Japanese section to promote knowledge of and interest in Japanese studies. A perfect place to meet people who share a common interest in Japan and Japanese culture, as well as Japanese exchange students studying at UM, each group runs activities such as conversation tables, anime screenings and discussion, cultural exchange workshops and outreach activities in the local community. For more information, please consult their Facebook pages: Japanese Student Association and The University of Montana's Anime Club.
- Japanese Student Association at the University of Montana
- Japan Friendship Club of Montana: A grass-roots organization since 1994, welcomes and provides hosting for visitors from Japan to Missoula. Co-sponsors, with UM Japan Club, annual Japan Festival for community.
- Missoula Cultural Council
- Consulate General of Japan in Seattle
- Japan Foundation
- Ministry of Education
- Manuscript Paper (genkooyooshi)
- Hiragana mnemonic sheets - on Moodle course supplement
- Another set of picture aids for hiragana - also on Moodle course supplement
- Hiragana and Katakana stroke order movies
- Games, Quizzes, and other Flashcards for Hiragana & Katakana
- Kanji Writing Practice sheets
- Kanji: an Overview (Online Kanji Exercises for Yookoso! from Wake Forest University)
- Kanji movies from MIT
- Kanji Alive from the University of Chicago