Working and Studying in Japan

Education Abroad, Academic Enrichment, is responsible for all study abroad applications. Their website lists our partner universities in Japan and has information sheets on each university.

At present, the university has year-long programs at Tohoku University, Waseda University, Sophia University, Aoyama Gakuin University, Toyo University, Doshisha University, and Kumamoto University. These are programs that have an official partner agreement with UM: students pay tuition to UM and take courses for UM credit at the Japanese institution.

Study at other selected Japanese universities may also be possible through the ISEP study abroad. Please consult Education Abroad for further details.

Summer Study Abroad

Mukogawa Women’s College offers a three-week course of study in beautiful Nishinomiya, Japan. This course of study is available for women only. Tohoku University also has a short-term summer program, open to all students.

Scholarships for Study Abroad

There are designated scholarships available for study abroad at Toyo University (Tokyo), Kumamoto University (in Kumamoto, Kyushu), or Sophia University (Tokyo). Further financial assistance for study abroad may be available for other universities; please consult the Japanese Section faculty or Education Abroad on campus.