Graduate Student Resources
Graduate students must register for between 9-12 credits. 9 credits is the minimum. (A special exception is allowed for students who wish to obtain residency in Montana: please contact the Graduate School.
Degree Guidelines may be found on the Graduate School Page.
Biochemistry (BCH), Biology-Microbiology (BIOM), and Biology-medical (BMED) course descriptions and credits may be found in the Course Search.
Seminars/Data Club Courses
- BCH 594 - Professional Seminar
- BIOB 565 - Membrane Dynamics Res Sem
- BIOB 567 - Molecular Mechanisms of Development
- BCH 547 - Exptl Mol/Cell/Chem Biol
- BIOM 545 - Adv Topics in Microb Ecol
- BCH 561 - RNA Structure & Function
- BCH 562 - Amyloid Disease
- BCH 694 - BSD Seminar
- BMED 581 - Research Seminar Biomed
- BMED 582 - Research Seminar Neurosci.
- BMED 583 - Research Seminar Toxicol
- BMED 593 - Current Research Literature
- BMED 594 - Seminar
Graduate Academic Courses
Graduate academic courses are offered every other year.
Courses offered Autumn Semester (odd years)
BCH 584: Nucleic Acids (3 cr)
Courses offered Autumn Semester (even years)
BCH 582: Proteins and Enzymes (4 cr)
Courses offered Spring Semester (odd years)
- BIOM 509: Advanced Virology (3 cr)
- BCH 581: Physical Biochemistry (3 cr)
- BIOB 509: Principles of Light Microscopy (3 cr)
Courses offered Spring Semester (even years)
- BIOM 502: Advanced Immunology (3 cr)
- BCH 600: Cell Organization and Mechanisms (3 cr)
Additional courses are available through other departments. Use the Course Search to find additional courses.