Certificate in Nonprofit Administration (Online)
The certificate in nonprofit administration is designed for students wishing to develop professional competencies relating to nonprofit management. To earn a certificate the student must complete a minimum of 16 credits as follows:
12 credits from among the following online courses:
- PSCI 401 Nonprofit Human Resource Management – 2 credits
- PSCI 402 Nonprofit Volunteer Management – 2 credits
- PSCI 403 Nonprofit Program Planning and Evaluation – 2 credits
- PSCI 405 Nonprofit Advocacy and Public Policy – 2 credits
- PSCI 406 Nonprofit Board Management – 2 credits
- PSCI 410 Nonprofit Strategic Planning – 2 credits
- PSCI 411 Nonprofit Grant Writing – 2 credits
- PSCI 412 Nonprofit Fundraising – 2 credits
- PSCI 413 Nonprofit Financial Management – 2 credits
- PSCI 460 Nonprofit Marketing and Social media - 2 credits
4 credits of PSCI 498 Internship.
The internship component includes at least 350 hours of volunteer or paid hours working directly with a nonprofit organization. If the student works at a nonprofit organization, professional work that is aligned with the program focus will qualify as internship credit. Students will complete various reflection activities, including a formal, 10-page paper documenting their learning throughout the internship experience. For questions about the internship, contact Academic Enrichment -- Civic Engagement.
All courses taken in pursuit of the certificate must be taken for graded credit, and a grade of C or above must be achieved in order to receive credit for any course.
This program is offered on a self-supporting basis. To learn about fee schedules and how to register, visit UMOnline.