How to Apply
The application deadline for the clinical program is December 1.
The clinical faculty reviews applications and calls the top-rated applicants for phone interviews. Following phone interviews, some applicants will be invited to our visiting/interview day, in mid-February. Please note that visiting day is by invitation only. Offers of admission will be made shortly after visiting day.
- Submit a completed graduate school application and pay the application fee. Applications can be found on the Graduate School website .
- Submit your GRE general test scores to the University of Montana Graduate School using the school code of 4489. You can find more information about the GREs and sign up to take them at the GRE website. Please note: clinical program Ph.D. applicants, you do not need to take the GRE Psychology Subject Test.
- Submit three letters of recommendation via the online application. If you opt to have your letter writers submit recommendations electronically you will provide an email address for each on your application and they will, in turn, receive an email with download instructions. Your letter writers may instead choose to send hard copies directly to the department. If that is the case, each letter should arrive in a sealed envelope with the recommender's signature across the seal. If your recommendation writers choose to use the online system please do not also send duplicate hard copies.
- Upload a personal statement to the online application. Please mention the faculty member(s) whose research interests best match your own, and with whom you would like to work. If you opt to include your personal statement via the online system please do not send a duplicate hard copy.
- Upload your Curriculum Vitae to the online application. If you opt to include your CV via the online system please do not send a duplicate hard copy.
- Provide official transcripts from ALL undergraduate and graduate schools you have attended. Institutions can send them directly to the Psychology Department (see address below) or applicants can send them to the department. Please note that if an applicant chooses to send a transcript it must be official and arrive in the original sealed envelope or it will be considered invalid. If your institution offers an online transmission of transcripts option please have your e-script transmissions sent to email@example.com . If you can only use the National Student Clearinghouse, please select University of Montana as the recipient. For further information or e-script questions: firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Applicants may also upload a writing sample to their application, but it is not required.
Department of Psychology
Missoula, MT 59812
If you have further questions please email or call (406) 243-4522.