Alecia Gray Academic AdvisorOffice: LA 133H (but currently working remotely)
- All appointments will be held via phone call or Zoom (video/audio call) at this time.
- If you are a current Psychology major at UM, please request an advising appointment using the Navigate app. Here are instructions for scheduling an appointment.
- Navigate appointments are automatically 30 minutes long. If you need an hour-long appointment, please use my Calendly scheduling link (or schedule two consecutive 30-minute appointments in Navigate). Note that Calendly will not take your class schedule into consideration in the way that Navigate does, so you'll see all of my availability, but it won't necessarily match up with your availability.
- If Navigate doesn’t work for you (or you don't have access to Navigate), you are welcome to schedule time with me using my Calendly scheduling link.
- If you are a new student - either new to UM or to the Psychology major - and this is our first meeting, please book an hour with me through Calendly. (Or email me for a direct link to hour-long meetings scheduled through Navigate. So many choices!) I like to have time to get to know you and learn about your academic and career goals as well as spend some time showing you various technology tools.
- Please remember all appointments are in the Mountain Time Zone.
Preparing for your Appointment
- Please make sure you are in a place where you can access the internet and be distraction-free. I know this last part may be tough, but I will need your focus during our time together to give you the best possible advice and teach you some of the advising tools.
- If you haven't used Zoom before (or haven't used it in a while), you may want to give yourself a few minutes before the meeting to see if there's anything that Zoom needs to download/update on your device. If you feel more comfortable with your video setting off, that's fine! I'll have my video on so you'll get a glimpse at my cluttered office or a random digital background.
- Please be ready to take notes - there may be action items for you! (If we are meeting to plan your courses for next semester, I will expect you to write them down.)
Have a Quick Question?
- I’d be happy to answer your quick questions during my drop-in advising hours. During these drop-in chat times, I will not be able to give you a full advising appointment. If that's what you're seeking, please schedule an advising appointment.
- Drop-in Advising Hour (Zoom only) - Tuesdays @ 3:30-4:30 p.m. (These run the full Fall/Spring semester, but not during breaks.)
- Please use this link: https://umontana.zoom.us/my/agray; Meeting ID, if that’s easier: 675 622 4589
- Note: If I'm helping another student, you may be in my Zoom waiting room for a few minutes. Enjoy the message that I’ve written there. :) Also, if your name looks suspicious or fake (e.g. Bart Simpson), I may not admit you into my Zoom Room. Please make sure that you are using your real name. Changing your name to include your pronouns is fantastic!
Rebecca Kranitz Academic AdvisorOffice: LA 133
I am the Academic Advisor for Neuroscience, Medical Laboratory Sciences, Geosciences, and Psychology (last names A-E). I am now offering in-person, Zoom, and phone advising appointments. Masks are required for all in-person appointments. The easiest way to schedule an appointment with me is to go directly to my Personal Availability in Navigate.
You can also follow these instructions to schedule your appointment in Navigate:
- Log into Navigate.
- Click the Schedule an Appointment button on the left side of the screen.
- Choose Advising for appointment type.
- Select a Service – Add Drop Credit/Change Courses, Change of Major/Minor, Course Selection and/or Registration Assistance, General Advising.
- Click Find Available Times.
- Select a Staff Member on the left side of the screen – Rebecca Kranitz.
- Select how you want to meet with Rebecca – In-Person, Zoom, Phone.
- Select a Location – College of Humanities and Sciences LA 133.
- Select a Meeting Time.
- Click Schedule Appointment. You will receive an email confirmation to your UM email account.
Autumn 2021 Advising Appointment Hours
- Monday-Friday, 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM