Cellular and Developmental Biology
An incoming CMMB student is advised by a Graduate Education Committee (GEC) member in the programmatic requirements and in the selection of courses for the first semester (and for the second if a committee has not yet been formed and coursework approved). All CMMB students have a CMMB Common Requirements. In addition to these, each option has its own prerequisites and programmatic requirements (coursework, comprehensives, etc.).
Cellular and Developmental Biology Option Prerequisites
- MS/PhD: Call and Molecular biology (equivalent of BIOB 260)
- MS/PhD: Genetics and Evolutions (equivalent of BIOB 272)
Cellular and Develomental Biology Option Suggested Curriculum
- BIOB 425 Advanced Cellular Biology, 3 cr.
- BCH 480 Advanced Biochemistry I, 3 cr.
- BCH 482 Advanced Biochemistry II, 3 cr.
- BIOM 410 Microbial Genetics, 3 cr.
- BCH 582 Proteins and Enzymes, 3 cr.
- BCH 584 Nucleic Acids, 3 cr.
- BIOM 502 Advanced Immunology, 3 cr.
- BIOM 509 Advanced Virology, 3 cr.
- BCH 600 Cell Organization and Mechanisms, 3 cr.