Faculty Research Grants Awarded for the 2020-2021 Academic Year
The UM Humanities Institute is excited to announce the following faculty research grant recipients for the 2020-2021 academic year. Thank you to the Office of Research and Creative Scholarship for making these grants possible. Congratulations!
- Kirsten Green Mink, Adjunct Assistant Professor/Anthropology: "Childhood in the Classic and Postclassic Maya of the Belize River Valley"
- Anya Jabour, Regents Professor/History: "Education and Equality: Marion Talbot and Women’s Education in Modern America"
- Tobin Miller Shearer, Professor/History and African American Studies: "Devout Demonstrators: Sacred Actions in Social Protest Movements: Final Edits and Revisions"
- Christopher Preston, Professor/Philosophy: "Salmon, Whales, and Sea Otters in South-East Alaska"
- Ona Renner-Fahey, Associate Professor/World Languages and Cultures: "Rousing the Wood Sprite: Environmentalism in Modernist Russian Literature"
- Erin Saldin, Assistant Professor/English: "The Caterwaul"
- Laurie Walker, Associate Professor/ Social Work: "Untold Homesteader Stories: A Family in the Shadow of Glacier National Park in the Reservation Era"