Fulbright U.S. Scholarship Opportunities Available
The Fulbright Program has over 450 awards available across the globe open to either specific, multiple or all disciplines. The complete list of opportunities is located in the Catalog of Awards, but please note these awards are open to U.S. citizens only. Opportunities range from two to 12 months in length, and some awards include flexible options for multiple short visits. The application deadline is Sept. 15. Interested applicants can join My Fulbright and check out our webinars for insight on the application process. Recommend someone to start an application today!
Fulbright International Education Administrator (IEA) Seminars provide funding both for U.S. senior higher education officials and international education professionals to create empowering connections with the societal, cultural and higher education systems of other countries.
The U.S.-France IEA in particular is looking for senior leaders such as deans, directors, vice presidents, provosts and presidents. The following IEA awards are currently recruiting for the 2021-22 application cycle:
- Taiwan: Deadline: Sept. 15.
- Community College Administrators Seminar in Russia: Deadline: Nov. 2.
- Korea: Deadline: Nov. 2.
- France: Deadline: Feb. 1, 2021.
- Germany: Deadline: Feb. 1, 2021.
Grants generally include economy round-trip airfare, travel within the host country, lodging and a lump sum supplement for incidentals. For more information, please visit the IEA Seminars website or email IEA@iie.org.
Ph.D. Students and Postdocs
Fulbright provides funding opportunities for Ph.D. students and postdocs. Students in all disciplines can apply for open study/research awards trough the Fulbright U.S. Student Program. Graduating Ph.D. students and early career scholars are suitable to apply for awards through the Fulbright U.S. Scholar Program. Below is a select list of awards open to early career/postdoctoral candidates. For the complete list of opportunities, visit the Catalog of Awards.
- Global/Multi Country: Schuman Postdoctoral Award at the European Institute
- Australia: All Awards, Future Scholarship by the Kinghorn Foundation, All Disciplines with Deakin University, and Multiple Disciplines at The University of Newcastle
- Canada: Postdoctoral Research Award
- Chile: Fulbright Astronomy and Antarctic Studies Award
- Czech Republic: Postdoctoral Research Award
- France: EHESS Post-Doctoral Social Science Award and Hauts-de-France Regional Award
- Israel: Weizmann Institute for Science
For more information, email UM Fulbright faculty adviser Sarah Halvorson.