Ashley Bourque Meaux
SLP Program Director | Assistant ProfessorFax: 406-243-2362
Office: 019 Curry
- CSD 460: Language Assessment and Intervention for Children Birth through Preschool
- CSD 571: Foundational Applied Clinical Experience
Former courses taught can be found on CV
- PhD (2013) Louisiana State University | Communication Sciences and Disorders
- MA (2008) Louisiana State University | Communication Sciences and Disorders
- BA (2004) Louisiana State University | Communication Sciences and Disorders
- BA (2004) Louisiana State Univeristy | Linguistics
- Language Development (prevention and intervention)
- Emergent and Early Literacy Development
- Developmental Language Disorders
- Counseling Clients and their Families in CSD
- Family and Community Awareness for Early Intervention Services
- Evidence-based Practice
- Implementation Science in CSD
Check out the PLLAY Lab!
DiCarlo, C., Hebert, E.*, & Meaux, A.B. (2021). Putting the “OM” in your ABCs: Mindfulness in the classroom. Childcare Exchange, 257, 23-26.
Meaux, A.B., Collins, G., & Diehm, E. (2020). Morphological Knowledge: Opportunities for Collaboration Through Multitiered Systems of Supports. Language, Speech, and Hearing Services in Schools, 51(3), 515-530. https://doi.org/10.1044/2020_LSHSS-19-00051
Collins, G., Wolter, J., Meaux, A.B., & Alonzo, C. (2020). Integrating Morphological Awareness in a Multilinguistic Structured Literacy Approach to Improve Literacy in Adolescents with Reading and/or Language Disorders. Language, Speech, and Hearing Services in Schools, 51(3), 531-543. https://doi.org/10.1044/2020_LSHSS-19-00053
DiCarlo, C., Meaux, A.B., & Hebert, E.* (2020). Exploring mindfulness for perceived teacher stress and classroom climate. Early Childhood Education Journal, 48(4), 485-496. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10643-019-01015-6
Meaux, A. B., & Norris, J. (2018). Curriculum-based Language Instruction: What, Who, Why, Where, and How? Language, Speech, and Hearing Services in Schools, 49, 165-175. https://doi.org/10.1044/2017_LSHSS-17-0057
Davis, R., Adams, A. (contributor), & Meaux, A. B. (contributor) (2018). A 4-Legged approach to clinical education and research. ASHA Leader, 23, 32-33, https://doi.org/10.1044/leader.AE.23052018.32
Guendouzi, J., Meaux, A. B., & Mueller, N. (2016). Avoiding interactional conflict in dementia: The influence of gender styles in interactions. Journal of Language Aggression and Conflict, 4(1), 8-34. https://doi.org/10.1075/jlac.4.1.01gue
Meaux, A. B. (Fall, 2016). Theme-based learning for literate language. Early Years Bulletin: Focus on Pre-K & K, 4(1), 1-4.
- American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (2008-present)
- Montana (2018-present)
- Louisiana (2008-present)
I enjoy practicing yoga and mindfulness meditation. I am a voracious reader. More domestically, I love to cook (via new recipes), needlepoint, and engage my husband in rearranging furniture on a whim!