Departmental Policy for Undergraduate Student Travel Support
Adopted by the Policy Committee (last revised 1/27/2020)
Undergraduate math majors may request travel funds from the Department of Mathematical Sciences to attend professional meetings. Requests will be considered by the department’s Policy Committee.
- Applications will be considered twice a year; applications submitted by the deadline(s) will receive full consideration.
- The fall semester application deadline is the second Friday in October.
- The spring semester application deadline is the fifth Friday of the spring semester.
- Each semester, the levels of the travel allocations will be set by the Policy Committee. They will be higher for students presenting a paper than for students attending a meeting without presenting a paper.
- The department will pay up to two thirds of the approved and documented travel expenses; the remaining third must be paid by the student or from other sources. The department strongly encourages students to apply for travel funds from other sources.
- While it is possible to receive funding for more than one trip during an academic year, preference will be given to applicants requesting funding for a first trip.