Language Rejuvenation and Maintenance Certificate
The Certificate in Language Rejuvenation and Maintenance has been broadly designed to meet the needs of students interested in language revitalization, instructors of Native languages seeking to learn of and acquire skills for successful language instruction and acquisition, or administrators involved in language revitalization programs. Individuals seeking to obtain this certificate may also be available for assistance toward one or more of the courses below.
- NAS 201X: Indian Culture as Expressed Through Language (3 cr)
- CSD 210: Speech and Language Development (3 cr)
- ANTY 476: Methods for Teaching Native Languages (3 cr)
Choose three courses from the list below.
- NAS 141: Elementary Blackfoot (4 cr)
- NAS 202X: Oral & Written Traditions of Native Americans (3 cr)
- ANTY 306: Contemporary Global Issues of Indigenous Peoples (3 cr)
- PSCI 411: Non Profit Grant Writing (2 cr)
- PSCI 412: Non Profit Fundraising (2 cr)
- ANTY 423: Culture and Identity (3 cr)
Minimum Total Credits: 18