Advisors and Mentors
Academic AdvisorHome Department: H&S Academic Advisor
Office: LA 133
I am the Academic Advisor for Neuroscience, Medical Laboratory Sciences, Geosciences, and Psychology (last names A-E). I am now offering in-person, Zoom, and phone advising appointments. Masks are required for all in-person appointments. The easiest way to schedule an appointment with me is to go directly to my Personal Availability in Navigate.
You can also follow these instructions to schedule your appointment in Navigate:
- Log into Navigate.
- Click the Schedule an Appointment button on the left side of the screen.
- Choose Advising for appointment type.
- Select a Service – Add Drop Credit/Change Courses, Change of Major/Minor, Course Selection and/or Registration Assistance, General Advising.
- Click Find Available Times.
- Select a Staff Member on the left side of the screen – Rebecca Kranitz.
- Select how you want to meet with Rebecca – In-Person, Zoom, Phone.
- Select a Location – College of Humanities and Sciences LA 133.
- Select a Meeting Time.
- Click Schedule Appointment. You will receive an email confirmation to your UM email account.
Autumn 2021 Advising Appointment Hours
- Monday-Friday, 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Academic Advisor - College of Humanities and Sciences - Neuroscience, Medical Laboratory Science, Geosciences, Psychology (Last Names A-E)
- GPHY 111N - Introduction to Phyiscal Geography
- GPHY 121S - Human Geography
- GPHY 317 - Geomorphology
I am a UM Alumni and I first came to UM in 2015 to pursue my Master's of Science Degree in Geography. My research focused on geography education, and after graduating I remained at UM working as an Adjunct Lecturer in the Department of Geography. I now work in the College of Humanities and Sciences Advising Center, and I advise for Neuroscience, Medical Laboratory Science, Geosciences, and Psychology (Last Names A-E). In addition to advising, I am the Assistant Program Manager for the H&S Student Ambassador Program, and I also serve on the Staff Senate and the New Student Orientation Committee.
- 2014, B.S. Geology, SUNY Plattsburgh, Plattsburgh, New York
- 2014, B.S. Environmental Science, SUNY Plattsburgh, Plattsburgh, New York
- 2017, M.S. Geography, University of Montana, Missoula, Montana
- 2017, Certificate in Environmental Education, University of Montana, Missoula, Montana
Field of Study
- Physical Geography
- Geography Education
- Academic Advising
Neuroscience, Medical Laboratory Science, Geosciences, Psychology (Last Names A-E)