Montana Model UN Delegate Survey
Preparing to Represent Your Country
To prepare for the conference, delegates must read and follow the instructions in the following documents. In addition, we recommend printing the starred (*) items and bringing them to the conference in a notebook along with your position paper and the background guides for your committee. Be sure to bring your country placard, too!
Position papers are due on 6 November 2017!
Position Paper Submission Instructions:
- Each student must submit his/her position paper to his/her assigned committee. Each committee has its own online submission dropbox page (see below).
- The title of your file must include the delegate's country, committee, and high school in the following format: Country_Committee_School. (Example: Iran_GA-1_Bozeman).
- The position paper should be submitted as a Word document. The text should only contain the position paper. Do not include a cover letter or other information.
- Use the links below to access the dropbox submission page for your committee.
- Once you submit your position paper to the appropriate dropbox, a copy will be saved to the embedded file exploration window below. You can confirm that your paper was uploaded by accessing your committee's folder and searching for the document. It may take up to 15 minutes for the copy to appear in the files located in the window.
- Position papers are now due by 11:59 pm MST on November 6, 2017.
- Only delegates who submit position papers are eligible for awards. This includes team awards.
- If you have questions, problems, or if your document does not appear in the box after 15 minutes, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Paper Submission
Please review the above instructions before submitting position papers. Submit your position papers at:
- General Assembly Plenary: https://www.dropbox.com/request/819On5FZrin2P00Dw7Wb
- General Assembly First Committee: https://www.dropbox.com/request/ORXEgEScdtSW43MWZRKp
- General Assembly Second Committee:https://www.dropbox.com/request/O13WTpOPeAtOdjKveUKg
- General Assembly Third Committee: https://www.dropbox.com/request/7GRtg9OcDrdAR1Fgm0Lc
- Security Council: https://www.dropbox.com/request/MjuQBC1rvATs4SKJWxHb
Position Paper Confirmation
Open the folder for your committee below to confirm that a copy was saved to box.
- Rules of Procedure* - Long form (full description)
- Rules Chart* - Short form (table for quick reference)
- To understand what will happen in each committee session, consult the Conference Schedule (posted on the Conference Information page). It may also be helpful for you to read the Chair Script (posted on the Advisor page).
Watch video from the 2009 Missoula pre-conference workshop. There are short clips on UN history, parliamentary procedure, Q&A, and a fun simulation using the rules. Before watching, print the long and short form versions of the rules so you can follow along. You may also want to look at the Chair Script posted on the Advisor page.
- Awards Guide — To be eligible for awards, students must submit position papers by the deadline.