H&S Advising Center Staff
Professional Academic Advisor, Psychology Department, College of Humanities and SciencesOffice: LA 133H (but currently working remotely)
- All appointments will be held via phone call or Zoom (video/audio call) at this time.
- Please request an advising appointment using the Navigate app. Here are instructions for scheduling an appointment. (UM is no longer using Starfish.)
- If Navigate doesn’t work for you – it’s a new system so we’re working out the wrinkles – you are welcome to schedule time with me using my Calendly scheduling link. (The timeslots are in 30-minute increments, but please select two consecutive spots if you feel like you need an hour.)
- Please remember all appointments are in the Mountain Time Zone.
Preparing for your Appointment
- Please make sure you are in a place where you can access the internet and be distraction-free. I know this last part may be tough, but I will need your focus during our time together to give you the best possible advice and teach you some of the advising tools.
- If you haven't used Zoom before (or haven't used it in a while), you may want to give yourself a few minutes before the meeting to see if there's anything that Zoom needs to download/update on your device. If you feel more comfortable with your video setting off, that's fine! I'll have my video on so you'll get a glimpse at my cluttered office or a random digital background.
- Please be ready to take notes - there may be action items for you!
Have a Quick Question?
- I’d be happy to answer your quick questions during my drop-in advising hours. During these drop-in chat times, I will not be able to give you a full advising appointment. If that's what you're seeking, please schedule an advising appointment.
- For Psychology Majors and Minors: Drop-in Advising Hours (Zoom only) - Tuesdays @ 3:00-4:30 p.m.
- General Drop-In Advising Hours (Zoom only) - Wednesdays @ 1:00-3:00 p.m.
- Please use this link: https://umontana.zoom.us/my/agray; Meeting ID, if that’s easier: 675 622 4589
- Note: If I'm helping another student, you may be in my Zoom waiting room for a few minutes. Enjoy the message that I’ve written there. :) Also, if your name looks suspicious or fake (e.g. Bart Simpson), I may not admit you into my Zoom Room. Please make sure that you are using your real name. Changing your name to include your pronouns is fantastic!
Randolph-Macon Woman's College
B.A. in Sociology/Anthropology
University of Kansas
Certified Public Manager® certification
Psychology (Last names F-Z; if you're last name is A-E, your professional advisor is Rebecca Kranitz)
Alecia is a jill-of-all-trades with large chunks of experience in higher education, training and facilitation, project and event management, and marketing and communications. She is most at home when she is using her skills to connect and maximize people and projects. Most recently she was the Director of Communications and Events for the College of Humanities and Sciences at the University of Montana. She has worked in non-profit and higher education since 2001 and prior to that she worked for the Walt Disney Company.