Russian Club's "Weekly Conversation Table and Cultural Evenings"
Russian Club's weekly “Conversation Table" and monthly “Cultural Evening” All levels welcome! For time and place, please contact the Russian Club President: firstname.lastname@example.org
Russian Club's Annual Participation in UM's International Festival
Russian Club's Selected Past Events:
- Poetry recitation contests
- Picnics at Blue Mountain and Bonner Park
- Russian Easter Celebrations
- Moscow Ballet’s _The Nutcracker_ in Missoula Opera “Eugene Onegin” at Intermountain Opera in Bozeman
- UM's productions of Chekhov's plays "Uncle Vanya" and "The Cherry Orchard"
- Russian blockbuster Ночной дозор (Night Watch) at the Wilma Theater
Russian Section's Annual Participation in National Essay Contest:
UM students of Russian have participated in the competitive Annual ACTR National Post-Secondary Russian Essay contest since 2004. We are proud of the many students we have nominated for participation in this event and particularly proud of the numerous students who have won silver and bronze medals, as well as honorable mentions.
The Russian Major celebrates 50th anniversary with a Jubilee
In 2017 the Russian major at UM celebrated its 50th year. To mark the occasion, the program put on a two-day Jubilee event. On Friday night, May 21st, over 60 guests attended the Opening Reception, featuring keynote speaker, Dr. Tom Seifrid, chair of Slavic at USC and UM alumnus (1978). The evening was also highlighted by student performances, an awards presentation, and a champagne toast. On Saturday, May 22nd, eight alumni of the Russian Program presented their current graduate research. Read the full program, including conference paper abstracts and presenter biographies. For photographs of the weekend's events, thanks to Missoula photographers Slikati, who provided a Russian Jubilee slideshow.
Russian Studies Program Guest Scholars
- Dr. Christine Evans (University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee)
- Dr. Angela Brintlinger (The Ohio State University)
- Dr. Eugene Avrutin (University of Illinois)
- Dr. Patrick Michelson (Indiana University)
- Dr. Thomas Seifrid (The University of Southern California)
- Dr. Anna Kuxhausen (St. Olaf’s College)
- Dr. Stephen Norris (Miami University in Ohio)
- Dr. Andrew Jenks (California State University at Long Beach)