Beta of Montana is the Lambda Alpha Chapter in the University of Montana's Department of Anthropology. To Join Beta of Montana students need to meet the following requirements:
- Must have completed 12 credits of course work in anthropology.
- Must have an anthropology G.P.A of at least 3.0.
- Must have a cumulative G.P.A. of at least 3.5.
- Must be admitted to the departmental graduate program.
- Must have a cumulative G.P.A. of 3.25.
Benefits of joining Lambda Alpha Honors Society:
- Ability to be recognized for academic achievements at commencement
- Yet another thing to put on your CV!
- Only a one-time fee for a lifetime membership
- Access to the National Lambda Alpha Scholarship ($5000) for graduating seniors interested in attending graduate school, Graduate Research Grants ($2000 for each subdiscipline of anthropology - archaeology, bioanthropology, and cultural/linguistic anthropology), and the Lambda Alpha Student Paper Competition ($700 for first place) graduate and undergraduate students.
If you meet the above qualifications and wish to join, fill out a membership card which can be obtained from Lauren Clark or Dr. Meradeth Snow (contact information below), write a check for $25 to Lambda Alpha (this cost includes a lifetime membership, certificate, and ID card), then give your payment and application to Lauren Clark, President of Lambda Alpha (Beta of Montana chapter), for submission to the Lambda Alpha National Office.
**Please note that there is an additional fee for an optional Lambda Alpha satin stole ($25) and honors pin ($10) for recognition during commencement.**
Membership applications will be forwarded to the national office for processing throughout the year, so drop off your check at the Lambda Alpha office (SS 237) today! If you would like to be a member of Lambda Alpha for the purposes of graduation or would like your stole before graduation, we ask that you turn-in the appropriate forms at least three weeks prior to commencement for processing.